- Internal notifications and push notifications are two essential communication channels in your application. Understanding the differences between these two types of notifications is crucial for effectively engaging your users and delivering timely updates. This documentation provides an overview of internal notifications and push notifications, their benefits, implementation considerations, and guidelines for their usage.
- Developers, product managers, and anyone involved in the implementation and management of notifications within the application.
Internal notifications refer to notifications that are delivered within the application itself. These notifications offer real-time updates and enhance the user experience by keeping users informed without interrupting their workflow.
- Real-time updates: Internal notifications enable users to receive immediate updates about relevant events or activities within the application.
- Improved user engagement: By utilizing internal notifications, you can encourage users to interact with the application, increasing their engagement and fostering a sense of connection.
- Enhanced user experience: Internal notifications provide a seamless experience by keeping users informed within the application, eliminating the need for external interruptions.
Push notifications are messages sent to users' devices from a server or a backend system (This kind of notifications can be used in communication apps - e.g. chat apps). They enable you to reach users even when they are not actively using the application, offering the benefits of increased reach, personalization, and timely updates.
- Reach and engagement: Push notifications allow you to reach users beyond the application, increasing the likelihood of user engagement and interactions.
- Personalization: Customize push notifications based on user preferences, behavior, or location to deliver relevant and personalized content.
- Timely updates: Push notifications deliver time-sensitive information, such as news, promotions, or event reminders, to keep users informed.